Wednesday, September 26, 2007

strengths

Developer:

"The genius of Developer talents lie in your ability to see the raw potential and incremental progress of others, and to actively invest in furtherng that development." A person with this quality is said to see potential in others, but sometimes it is only potential that they see. They see each person as a working progress with many possibilities. I think this is somewhat true of me but it is untrue to say that all I see in others is potential. On the other hand I have high expectations for others because I have high expectations for myself which would go along with the achiever quality.

Maximizer:

Someone with this quality seeks out strengths in others. This tends to make them avoid others who want to make them well-rounded and seek those who recognize and appreciate their strengths. They want to make the most of the gifts that they are blessed with. They tend to see strengths in others and have the capacity to see what people are best at. This describes me very well because I feel that I myself constantly strive for excellence in whatever I do. It is easy for me to pick out the strengths in others and to help them realize the potential that they have.

Achiever:

An achiever is someone who has a constant need for achievement and will feel dissatisfied if by the end of the day does not accomplish their goals. This person is always busy and is often called a "workaholic". They also are very self motivated and have a very intense drive. I think that some of these aspects describe me but they are a little extreme. I am very internally motivated and driven but I am not dissatisfied at the end of the day if I don't feel that I've accomplished things. I also believe that this quality contradicts the adaptability quality that I have.


Adaptability:

Someone with this quality lives in the moment and sees their future as something we create by the choices we make. Adaptability allowes one to respond to the needs of the moment and on some level looks forward to distractions. A person with this quality is very flexible and can remain productive even when pulled in many directions. I believe that this quality describes me perfectly. It is very easy for me to be in a room full of people and still be productive with getting my work done but also engaging in conversation. I believe that I am very flexible and am able to completely change directions without objection. Overall I am very confident and comfortable with change. This quality allows me to move forward even when the unexpected happens.


Communication:

Someone who has the quality of communication sees an idea and brings it to life. They like to talk and are good at holding the attention of others. They are also good at explaining things clearly and are masters of telling especially captivating stories. A communicator might be criticized by others for talking too much. This description is completely me. I usually find myself talking in class and being the one to entertain others. I am a good story teller and I believe that this strength has grown as my personality has developed.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do not know you very well but from what I do know and notice living across from you the two that stand out to me the most are adaptability and communication. Whenever our hall and others have something planned or there is just a group of people I usually see you filling the room with laughter and joy. You know how to keep a crowd and communicate affectively while being in a big group. Being a freshman in college where not much is written in stone being adaptable is key. I have seen things change in a split second and you are always cool with it and just roll with the flow. These two qualities together make you a very fun person to be around. Continue to use your strengths!

God Bless,
Shauna

Anonymous said...

the strength that stood out to me when i thought about you was communication. whenever i talked to you it was really easy to see what you were trying to say and to understand you. i hope that God helps you use this strength in ways that are really amazing. that would be really cool.

-Eric

your.favorite.blonde said...

I think having the adaptablilty strength is so cool!! reminds me of being a camilian... but anyways i think that is so cool you have that strength and cant wait to watch you adapt!!

KenAPU said...

You definitely seem like an easy going person and can adjust to most situations.. you and I can help the group adjust to different situations.

Anonymous said...

So I definitely see achiever in you, and no not to that extreme. You always seem to be on top of your work in CMIN. I ask you if you did the reading and most of the time the answer is yes, and if it isn't yes, you seem a bit disappointed in yourself. It's excited to see how you go about developing you strengths, especially those that contradict each other like adaptability and achiever. By the way, you definitely have adaptability.

Abby Bowman said...

i can totally see you live in the moment quite often, which is so awesome! You are totally able to adapt to your surroundings and make yourself comfortable with the people around you. I love the communication one. I'm not gonna lie....I love listening to you talk. Seriously!! It's gotta be the way you tell stories; it just sucks me in and I'm hooked. Ahhh I love it! I can't wait to hear more of your fabulous stories in life. Love ya girl!

mspeed said...

from talking to you i KNOW you have communication! i think that it is also interesting that you have adaptability. you have been in a lot of different situations so far, moving locations and schools, and you seem to thrive off of the adventure. i know because i'm that way too! it's a great quality to have because you can always feel at home anywhere you are.

-Maurie

Shannon said...

I see communication and adaptability in you. I mean I may not know you so well, but whenever we are walking to daly's I love to hear your stories! haha. And you seemed to adapt to our group and to apu really well. And I just love that because in that I guess there's also developer because you want to help others adapt too!

Jeremiah Urlaub said...

I can see adaptability in you by the struggle that you faced when you switched schools. It must have been tough. You have made the best out of that situation.

Also, I really like cheese so since your able to adapt, I bet you would like cheese just to hang out with me.